Sunday, January 11, 2009

Let's read

A smattering of university courses in business management, calculus, linear programming, and a handful of international studies and environmental economics courses still leave much to be desired for the knowledge I seek. Recently, I have been re-educating myself on the many isms (e.g. capitalism, feminism, racism, sexism) that I’ve only poked at in the past. In my quest for a deeper and useful understanding of oppression, the following titles have been enlightening in one aspect or another. I would love to hear what everyone has been reading and what has been inspiring you. Please add to the list!

Books and authors:

bell hooks

Grassroots: A Field Guide for Feminist Activism by Jennifer Baumgardner and Amy Richards

Winona LaDuke

South End Press (publisher)

Queerly Classed

The Revolution Will Not Be Funded: Beyond the Non-profit Industrial Complex by Incite! Women of Color Against Violence

No comments: